Tomato Dosa - Sizin Portal

Tomato Dosa

Friday, July 4, 2008


The color and the sweet taste of the tomato make this one beautiful dosa. Kids love them!

Tomato Dosa

1 1/4 cup Raw Rice
2 tbsp Toor Dal
2 Tomatoes
2-3 Red Chillies
1-2 tbsp Fenugreek Seeds
1 tbsp Cilantro, chopped
Salt, to taste

Soak the rice, toor dal and the red chillies for 3 hours.

Grind all the ingredients with water to a pouring consistency.


Heat a little oil (about a teaspoon) on a crepe pan/ flat saute pan. Pour the ground mixture and spread like you would a dosa/ crepe.


Flip over until both sides are cooked through.

Serve with a chutney or just eat it plain! :)


This is off to Susan at The Well-Seasoned Cook for the Pancakes on Parade event. I'm sure the round-up is going to have some amazing ideas! Thanks, Susan.

I'm also sending this to Srivalli as a very late addition to her Dosa Mela.

I want to thank DK and Siri for organizing the Recipe Marathon. It has really changed my outlook on blogging. I also managed to meet a bunch of really cool people! And I got an award too:


Thanks DK for a gorgeous award.

0 comments: