Spring Onion Pancakes - Sizin Portal

Spring Onion Pancakes

Friday, July 4, 2008


For this month's Taste and Create, Nicole partnered me up with Zlamushka. Though her blog isn't new to me (I'm an avid reader), I was very excited to pick one of her drool-worthy recipes. She does have a vast collection, from Korean-style veggies to Indian curries, and a lovely series of christmas cookies!

I narrowed in on her Chinese-style Leek Pancakes, because I've had these before in lots of dimsum restaurants, and was excited to try it at home. It was a huge hit! Thanks, Zlamushka!

Chinese-Style Leek Pancakes
(Please check here for the recipe. I followed it exactly - the only change I made was that I halved the recipe, but kept the amount of spring onions the same - I love them!)


First add hot water to the flour and mix in until it resembles crumbs.


Now add the salt, oil and tiny bits of the cold water. I needed less than a 1/4 cup. Bring together and knead to form a ball. Let the ball rest for a 1/2 hour.


Roll out into a square-ish shape! Sprinkle with the chopped spring onions and some salt.


Roll up the dough.


Cut into equal parts.


Form the cut portion into a ball and roll out gently making sure the spring onions don't fall out.

Cook each rolled out pancake on a crepe pan, until it starts getting dark spots. Flip over to cook both sides.


Serve with a dipping sauce. I had it with a spicy chilli-garlic sauce. It was very delicate and full of flavor. Definitely a keeper.

0 comments: