Kiwi Vanilla Granita - Sizin Portal

Kiwi Vanilla Granita

Friday, July 4, 2008

apelsin och kiwigranita

Do you happen to have some leftover kiwi fruits? I did - and it's something that happens from time to time. The store will have a good deal on a basket of fruit, I'll buy it, eat three or four and.. then they'll just grow old. So - why not make it into a useful dessert? I made this little granita to serve after a heavy meal, and added some sliced blood oranges that had been soaking in a vanilla simple syrup for a few hours. (Just make a simple sugar syrup and add a few vanilla beans to infuse. It'll keep in the fridge for a long time if you don't use it all at once.)

A sad thing though: when I ate this, my mouth started to tingle. In a bad, getting-an-allergic-reaction way. And again when I was served a great drink with kiwi a while ago. So, I'm staying away from kiwis for a while - I haven't noticed anything when I've ate them straight up, but they're usually a little less ripe by then and possibly it's just ripe kiwis that I can't eat. Oh, I don't know - but I'm not taking any risks with it, either.

Kiwi Vanilla Granita

400 g kiwi fruits(7-8)
65 g homemade vanilla sugar
130 ml water

Peel the kiwi fruits and cut them into pieces. Place with sugar and water in a food processor and mix until smooth. Pour into a shallow pan and place in the freezer. After about an hour, scrape down the icy crystals that will have formed on the sides of the pan, and stir it. Repeat this every half hour or so until it's all frozen.

When serving, scrape it with a fork to form loose crystals.

Recipe in Swedish:
Kiwi- och vaniljgranita

This feed contains copyrighted photos and text from Anne's Food. If you are not reading this material in a feeds aggregator, the site you are viewing may be guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact annesfood (at) gmail (dot) com.

0 comments: