Deviled Eggs with Wasabi - Sizin Portal

Deviled Eggs with Wasabi

Friday, July 4, 2008


The taste of wasabi is indescribable. It's like someone punched you in the face and then your brain starts seeping out of your eyes, nose and ears! :) You want to jump up and scream, and you feel like you are going to explode, but the taste passes all too soon and then you just want to have more! I've loved wasabi from the first moment I tried it.

Here's some pictures which perfectly describe how I felt when I had wasabi for the first time (do check out that link - its amazingly perfect and funny!).

So when KayKat of Cooking from A to Z, announced wasabi as this month's chosen theme for the Think Spice event, I immediately started my search for wasabi in Chennai. I finally did find a tube of the paste. I've had fresh Wasabi several times, and it doesn't compare to the paste, but, in a pinch, it's quite good.


Inspired by Kalyn, Coconut & Lime and Epicurean, I ventured out to make my own version.

Deviled Eggs with Wasabi

4 Eggs, hard boiled
3 tbsp Mayonnaise
1 1/2 tbsp Wasabi paste
1 tbsp Mustard (I used French Mustard)
3 tbsp Sesame Seeds, toasted
Salt, to taste


First boil the eggs, and set aside to cool. Peel them and cut in half vertically.

Scoop the yolks out and put them in a bowl with the wasabi, mayo and mustard. Mix to combine, making a thick paste. Add salt as needed.


Pipe or spoon the mixture into the egg whites. I scooped the mixture into a Ziploc bag, cut a tiny bit off the corner, and piped the mixture through into the egg whites.

(was trying to pipe and click at the same time!)

Garnish with roasted sesame seeds.


They were just delicious!! I've never made deviled eggs and have always wanted to try. The mixture had the right amount of kick with the wasabi.

For the Chennai folks: S&B Wasabi is available at Maison de Gourmet.

0 comments: