* 1 (12 inch) pizza crust -- unbaked
* 1 cup pizza sauce
* 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
* 6 ounces Canadian bacon -- cut in bits
* 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
* 1 small green or red bell pepper -- cut in rings
* 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried basil
* crushed red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 450F. Place the unbaked pizza crust on an ungreased nonstick pizza pan. Spread the pizza sauce over the crust, leaving a 1-inch border around the rim. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Arrange the Canadian bacon on top of the cheese, covering evenly. Top with mushroom slices and bell pepper rings.
Sprinkle evenly with oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until the crust is crisp and the cheese is melted and browned.
Thursday, May 8, 2008