* 1 tablespoon Active dry yeast
* 1 tablespoon Barley malt extract
* 1 cup warm water
* 3/4 cup semolina
* 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
* 3/4 cup polenta/corn meal
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
In a large bowl or electric mixer, dissolve the yeast and barley malt in warm water. Add the semolina, flour, polenta, salt, and olive oil. Combine well. Knead the dough until it is shiny and smooth, adding flour as needed.. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, about 2 hours.
When dough has risen, punch down and roll out to a large circle and transfer to a baking sheet or pizza pan. Top with any preferred topping and bake in a preheated 425F oven for 20 - 25 minutes. This is good topped with roasted veggies.
Thursday, May 8, 2008