* 1 pound ground beef
* 1 can (16 ounce size) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 can (8 ounce size) tomato sauce
* 4 teaspoons chili powder
* 1 jar (4 ounce size) diced pimientos, drained
* 1 can (4 ounce size) chopped green chilies, drained
* 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
* 2 tablespoons cornmeal
* 2 tubes (11-1/2 ounce size) refrigerated corn bread twists
* Shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes and sour cream
In a skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomato sauce and chili powder. Simmer, uncovered, until the liq-uid has evaporated. Remove from the heat and cool. Stir in the pimientos, chilies and cheese; set aside. Sprinkle two greased 14-in. pizza pans with corn- meal. Pat the corn bread dough into a 14-in. circle on each pan. With a knife, cut a 7-in. X in the cen- ter of the dough. Cut another 7-in. X to form eight pie-shaped wedges in the center. Spoon the filling around the edge of dough. Fold points of dough over filling; tuck under ring and pinch to seal (filling will be visible).
Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Fill center with lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream.
Thursday, May 8, 2008