* 1 cup warm water
* 1/4 teaspoon salt -- optional
* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour -- divided
* 1 cup cornmeal -- plus
* 1 tablespoon cornmeal -- divided
* 2 tablespoons sugar or honey
* 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Measure carefully, placing all ingredients except 1 tablespoon cornmeal in bread machine pan in order specified by owner's manual. Program basic dough cycle setting; press start. Remove dough from bread machine pan; let rest 2 to 3 minutes.
Pat and gently stretch dough into 14- to 15-inch circle. Spray a 14-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon cornmeal. Press dough into pan.
Follow topping and baking directions for individual recipes. 1 14-inch crust makes 8 servings.
Thursday, May 8, 2008